Greater Kingston Curling is committed to promoting curling in the Greater Kingston Area by:
- Attracting, promoting and hosting national, provincial and regional curling event championships.
- Promoting the development of the sport of curling and to generate greater interest, awareness, participation, membership and enjoyment of the sport.
- Facilitating bonspiel events, competitions, education programs, youth curling programs, coaching, and training opportunities.
Hosting Professional Curling Events
- Work with KEDCO and other local government organizations and the business community to network and plant seeds to attract and host national championships as well as Grand Slam and Player Championship type events in Kingston.
- Goal setting to host 2018 (or upcoming) Brier or Scotties National Championship.
- Communicate with the CCA to apply for hosting events.
Participation; Promotion of our area clubs and programs
- Promote our 5 area association clubs’ programs, leagues, bonspiels and facilities.
- Promote the sport to new curlers. Host “open house” curling opportunities.
- Advertising initiatives: to encourage new curler participation and to increase participation at our clubs.
- Membership drives: awareness and other marketing and promotional campaigns to promote our clubs and the sport of curling.
- Promote equal opportunities for all people of all ages to have the chance to participate.
- Host or sponsor training seminars and certification programs for our coaches, officials, volunteers and staff to encourage and facilitate them to learn, gain skills and perform at their best.
- Provide funding and subsidies (when possible) for our coaches, officials, staff and volunteers to attend approved certification programs and education.
- Provide financial funding for the clubs to improve and promote their junior curling programs.
- Manage and maintain the GKC Junior Curling Intermural League for the 5 clubs to participate in a fun recreational curling league.
- Assist through funding and support the objective to keep junior curling programs, leagues and memberships affordable for easy participation.
- Host junior clinics bringing in expert coaches, professional role model curlers and educators to inspire and teach our youth.
- Facilitate a “competitive” stream to offer our aspiring Greater Kingston Curling member club competitive junior curlers with competitive opportunities for games, learning and peak performance.
- Support our coaches and players towards the goal of developing competitive success at regional, zones, provincial and national competitions.
- Conduct and support clinics and educational opportunities to develop our coaches and athletes.